1) Kick goals quicker to speed things up!
Shot clocks are on the table, and if we can afford to get them in effectively they are are a must! But what about changing an old rule that makes games drag on? The minute for a kick at goal rule. What about changing this so that you still get a minute for any kicks at goal, but you have to kick it within the minute - if the minute expires, you forfeit the kick. For conversions, it just reverts to the kick off and for penalties, it just reverts to a 20m drop out as if the kick was missed.
2) Make the loop games events!
We're getting them next year, so let's make the most of them. Any repeat fixture needs to be wrapped up into an event - Armed forces day, Heritage game, Charity game, Family day, on-the-road game etc. The big way to keep an audience interested is to give them something different, and if the opponent can't be then make sure something else is.
3) Get smart with Thursday ticketing!
Until we sell out every game other than Thursday games, I can't see them going (and I like them anyway). So, how can we boost crowds for those games? I'll skip the obvious of minimising travel distances and suggest two measures, one for home fans and one for away fans:
- Free upgrade of junior season tickets to adult game tickets - if people don't want to take kids on a school night, let them take a mate instead.
- Flat rate low-price away tickets for all Thursday games - £10 for adults, £5 for concessions, across the board.
Let us know what you think across social media channels and also don't forget to check out our latest show!