30 January 2018

SLP Show Update

As you may have now heard in our 2018 Preview Show (which you can listen to HERE, or HERE if your an iTunes person, and you can also get it on the League Cast Android app or YouTube), sadly my co-host Tom is leaving the show at the start of our fifth season of existence.

If you missed it, here is his heartfelt goodbye message:
Although Tom would be the first to agree that without me we probably wouldn't have much in the way of content or structure each week, without Tom there would probably never have been a Super League Pod.

He put the idea of doing some sort of podcast out to me and a couple of months later, during a drive over the Pennines to Odsal and back, we started to come up with doing one about rugby league. Eventually, SLP was born. It's been a great deal of fun doing the show with him for four years - we'll always have Captain Scarlett - and it's been a real enduring force in our friendship, whilst the ups and downs of our intertwining lives went on around it. I'll certainly miss doing the show with him and I'm not sure SLP will ever quite be the same for me again. At least it won't mean my workload on the show increasing.

That brings me to my next order of business. I would like to keep the show going, but I can't do that on my own. So, I'm calling out to you guys to see if anyone wants to join me in becoming co-host of SLP - either in a permanent capacity, or maybe as part of a band of rotating guest co-hosts, I'm open to whatever help people want to offer. The only requirements for the role are a love of rugby league and the desire to be part of a great fan community really. Well, and availability to chat about the week's news and games for a few hours one night a week (Mondays mainly, but that's fairly flexible, as Tom demonstrated throughout 2017).

If you're interested in any way please send an email to superleaguepod@gmail.com and we can start to work something out.

Until then, I'm going to take some time out to figure how I'll make this thing work going forward. If Leeds beat Melbourne the I'll pop up for a special, otherwise hopefully I'll have a full slate of guest hosts and a way to make the show work in about a months time. Until then, I'm sure Tom appreciates your messages of farewell and I appreciate your ongoing support.

Mark
SLP

No comments:

Post a Comment